This morning we sifted through more than 130 Lucy Boston blocks created by our quilting friends who visited Pati & Vicki at our Road to California booth, enjoying the view just before choosing the TEN prize pack random winners. Thank you again to everyone who participated in our Lucy Boston Challenge. Your blocks will become part of our donation quilts for the Hopes & Dreams Quilt Challenge for ALS, created by Quilter’s Dream Batting. Each year, the Hopes & Dreams Quilt Challenge for ALS collects hundreds of quilts to be given to patients living with ALS (aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease), a debilitating, paralyzing disease that is currently affecting over 35,000 people in the U.S. alone. The Challenge raises awareness about ALS, and 100% of the proceeds are used to fund research toward a cure for this terrible disease.
Pati looks on as our retail division president, Stephanie Dell ‘Olio, chooses the ten lucky blocks at random…Below, check out what each of the winners will get — the fabrics may vary, but still, what a great haul! (You never know what’s stashed away in Pati’s office…)
- Sabrina Cowley of Orem, UT
- Bonnie DeBusk of Las Vegas, NV
- Lisa Jenni of Redmond, WA
- JoAnna Larmore of Glendale, UT
- Lillian Loyd of Stockton, CA
- Emma Moore-Kochlacy of El Cajon, CA
- Donna Nordstrom of Etiwanda, CA
- Brenda Simoni of Lancaster, CA
- Berta Stone of Olalla, WA
- Melissa Turner of Phoenix, AZ
Congrats to all of the drawing winners! And stay tuned for more on our quilts for ALS!