That hectic season when all the behind-the-scenes prep takes place, resulting in the beautiful, well-oiled machine that is our Quilt Market Booth! Almost daily, new made-up items arrive here in the office for the booth display. Here’s a peek at some projects using PRIMO PLAIDS – CHRISTMAS, AMERICAN BOUQUET, and AUNT GRACE TIES ONE ON, from left to right. (We’ll follow up with Pati for specific pattern info on these projects later — judging from how quickly she’s racing thru the halls, clearly now is not the time… We look forward to seeing all of our quilt shop owner customers and associates in Pittsburgh, May 15-18.
This week, our Director of Marketing & Advertising, Pati Violick, happily escaped the unpredictable east coast weather, venturing out to sunny CA for a road trip with sales rep Norbert Kaufman. Here’s a peek at what she found…
First, a visit with Michelle of Fat Quarters Quilt Shop in Vista, CA (shown here with Norbert). Pretty displays incuded a hexie quilt (a Pati Violick favorite!), crocheted creatures, and fabric bolts from brights to deep darks!
Next stop: Temecula Quilt Co. in Temecula, CA, where charming miniatures (another Pati fave), a colorful Dear Jane, and one of our finalists in the Just Judie competition were beautifully displayed…Big Judie fans here at Temecula!
If you’re in the area, stop by to see the latest Marcus collections, or visit them online! Pati, wishing you safe travels back to NY, where we’re battling brand-new snow and ice…on second thought, you might want to visit a few more shops out there first!
Most of the sales, marketing & design staff is away in Portland, Oregon, ready for the start of Spring Quilt Market! The actual show begins tomorrow, preceded by two grueling days of booth setup…
1. First, we give thanks that the Big Crate arrived on time and intact!
2 & 3. Next, the last-minute touch-ups on madeup projects that couldn’t quite be completed in the office before we left. It looks like Pati, our Director of Advertising & Marketing, borrowed a machine from our friends at Bernina(?) These pix show projects made from: NEXT WAVE by Studio 37
4. Finally the booth is taking shape – show here is the gorgeous HAMPTON RIDGE quilt (fabric by Paula Barnes, quilt BOM by Paula and Mary Ellen Robison of Red Crinoline Quilts). As you can see, this traditional collection translates equally beautifully into trendy throw pillows, too. If you’re here at the show, see it all in person - BOOTH 2203!
Stay tuned for more news from Portland!
We were there, and we had a blast! We loved meeting old and new friends over the weekend at QuiltCon in Austin, TX — the creative energy was contagious, and the mood was “joyous”, as described by our president, Stephanie Dell’Olio (that’s her on the right, dwarfed by the towering QuiltCon entry sign – Pic 2) Here are some pix from our booth…
- Our QuiltCon booth (Pic 1) featured OMBRE HAND DYES (Pic 6) and STRIP-IT fabrics (Pic 4)
- Visitors loved our circle garland, made of coordinating CENTENNIAL SOLIDS circles fused together, then joined by a single running straight stitch to create the desired length. (Pic 3)
- And thanks to Paper Pieces for supplying English paper piecing sampler kits for our attendees – everyone enjoyed this fun technique! (Pic 5)
- Download these free projects by Nancy Rink, using the Ombre Hand Dye pre-cut Strip-It bundles. (Pic 6)
Kansas City — It was great to see so many of our friends, colleagues and customers again at International Quilt Market last week, where we introduced lots of new product — look for our latest to hit your favorite quilt shops in the coming months! Meanwhile, here are a few pix from the Marcus booth…
(l. to r.) Vicki Bellino of Bloom Creek, with Marcus’ own Indra Rampersaud and Laura Berrigner, in front of Laura’s SPINTASTIC ; a fun vignette featuring new STUDIO 37 fabrics; Helen Weinman’s BY THE SEA quilt; THE MILL GIRLS BOM quilt