Thanks to everyone who’s come through so far to create blocks for our ALS charity quilts! And thre’s more to follow ; )
Our first charity quilt block was completed and submitted by Kayla, showing off her handiwork here with Victoria. If you’re in Pasadena, stop by and sew up an easy block by hand, to be combined with others into Marcus charity quilts for ALS! We’ve got fully stocked sewing stations, and by stitching and submitting a block, you’ll be entered into a FREE DRAWING for one of three Studio 37 Gift Baskets!! Come join us…
Congratulations to our own Victoria Findlay Wolfe, whose gorgeous “Mr. Swirl E. Bones” took the Judge’s Choice award at QuiltCon this morning! Judge Scott Murkin chose Victoria’s 94″ x 94″ design, which was entered into the Modern Traditional category.
Congratulations, Victoria!! ; ) We’re proud to have you as part of our Studio 37 Fabrics design community!
We’ve got great quilts, charity block sewing stations (come by and stitch one with our FREE FABRIC and supplies!), free collectible pins and more! Check out these luscious bright wools and their new mascot, Woolamina. Oh, and really friendly people, too ; )
Below, Sarah Maxwell poses next to her design, “Message in the Dark”, created with CENTENNIAL SOLIDS.
Yes, the Marcus crew has arrived in Pasadena for QuiltCon, and Pati couldn’t wait to show off their swanky-looking hotel accommodations. Notice two things:
- Looking at this carpet makes me want a cappuccino. Anyone else?
- Even the elevators offer luxe design inspiration…
Meanwhile, Stephanie gives us a sneak peek at the actual Studio 37 Fabrics booth decor so far …“This is going to be a really cool booth”
Welcome back from the Holidays, everyone!! Now, get ready for lots of inspiration by the yard in January — can you believe we’re debuting 11 new collections, plus 2 new BOM programs you’ll absolutely LOVE — add these to your 2016 quilting calendar now.
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s coming soon to your favorite quilt shop, but you’ll have to see the rest online!
#makeitwithmarcusfabrics #marcusfabrics #studio37fabrics #quilting
Marcus design director Laura Berringer also snapped a few favorites from her visit to QuiltCon. Even better, back here in arctic NYC, she shows off the result of her workshop with the Gee’s Bend quilters, who were this year’s keynote speakers at QuiltCon as well as instructors. Laura was happy to share what was left of her Marcus charm pack with the legendary quilters that put Gee’s Bend, Alabama on the map! You can clearly see the influence of these African American fiber artists in the quilts that caught Laura’s eye, one of the roots of the Modern Quilt movement.
- 1 – Heather Jones
- 2 – Leslie Schmidt
- 3 & 4 – Laura’s workshop result
Did you attend this year’s QuiltCon in Austin, TX? Pati did, and she sent back pix of a few of her favorite quilts on display. Here’s what caught her eye…Which quilts were your favorites?
- 1- Kathy York shows off her “Best in Show” quilt (Front and back)
- 2 – Colorful Drunkard’s circles by Jo Avery
- 3 – “Totally Biased” by Lucy Bail
- 4 – “My Way” by Pamela Rocco
- 5 – “Tuning Fork” by Heather Prefer
We were there, and we had a blast! We loved meeting old and new friends over the weekend at QuiltCon in Austin, TX — the creative energy was contagious, and the mood was “joyous”, as described by our president, Stephanie Dell’Olio (that’s her on the right, dwarfed by the towering QuiltCon entry sign – Pic 2) Here are some pix from our booth…
- Our QuiltCon booth (Pic 1) featured OMBRE HAND DYES (Pic 6) and STRIP-IT fabrics (Pic 4)
- Visitors loved our circle garland, made of coordinating CENTENNIAL SOLIDS circles fused together, then joined by a single running straight stitch to create the desired length. (Pic 3)
- And thanks to Paper Pieces for supplying English paper piecing sampler kits for our attendees – everyone enjoyed this fun technique! (Pic 5)
- Download these free projects by Nancy Rink, using the Ombre Hand Dye pre-cut Strip-It bundles. (Pic 6)