Worldwide Quilting Day is upon us again, taking place this Saturday, March 21, 2015. Even though the day is highlighted, it actually kicks off a full month of activities, ending on April 21. And we’ve come up with 10 great ways to enjoy this annual celebration:
- 10. Gather a few fabric-loving friends (and your favorite snacks) for a modern quilting bee.
- 9. Share your love of quilting with a young person.
- 8. Join a local guild. (Already belong to one? Join a second one!)
- 7. Devote some time to your creative space by tidying up, or stitch up a new mug rug, or pincushion.
- 6. Create a charity quilt for a nearby hospital or other organization.
- 5. Choose a BOM quilt project — we’ve got some suggestions!
- 4. Book yourself on a quilting-related vacation, expo or weekend retreat.
- 3. Visit your local quilt shops, including those participating in Worldwide Quilting Day.
- 2. Enter WQD’s Star Block Challenge (you can enter from March 21 through April 21, 2015!
- 1. Expand your creative repertoire to include fabrics you’ve never tried before, like 1930’s prints, wallpaper stripes, or wool
Of course, these suggestions are great any time of year, and we know you’ve probably got lots of other ideas… How will you spend the day?