It seems like we just posted about National Sewing Month a short time ago, and now September has rolled around again quickly. Since its inception in 1982, each NSM has revolved around a particular theme. This year’s focus is charity, and we know first-hand just how much quilters and sewers use their creative powers for good, helping others with the ir time and talents. The official site for National Sewing Month has lots of tips and projects for individuals, groups and guilds – visit today!
Need a few quick ideas? Consider these:
- Buy a new sewing machine, donating an older one to a school or civic group
- Organize the pattern stash
- Tackle one UFO per month
- Make your plan for holiday gift sewing by Sept 30, and stick to it!
- Commit to a new BOM project for the new year
- Share your passion with a newbie
How do YOU plan to celebrate National Sewing Month? Tell us your National Sewing Month plans for a chance to win a “mixed goodie box” of Marcus fabrics! All comments by blog subscribers received by Tuesday, September 8 are eligible. So, be sure to subscribe to our blog (at rght) if you haven’t already, then post your comment below.