If you haven’t tried our 60″ WIDE QUILT BACKS yet, you’re in for a treat! Why 60″? We’ve found it to be the perfect width for lots of situations:
- Back quilts and wall hangings to 50″ wide with a single length.
- Back quilts up to approximately 110″ wide by simply piecing two lengths of backing with a single center seam. (Diagram below)
- Simplify the process of sewing round tablecloths!
- And because it’s printed on the same fine quality fabric as our 45″ prints, the 60″ yardage can be used on the front of the quilt as well as the back!
- You’ll love it for easy home décor accents to coordinate with your quilt design, from window coverings to duvet covers, shams and other bedding.
We’re sure you’ll discover your own favorite uses for this versatile, economical alternative to the full 108″ width. And, we’ve just added three new backings to coordinate with upcoming BOM programs CONESTOGA CROSSING by Pam Buda, and GTKH: Getting to Know Hue, by Nancy Rink.
To join two 60″ widths, we recommend using a seam allowance of ½” to 1″, and pressing the seam open. You can also join using an overlapping seam, sewing down the length, close to both edges of the fabric.